Saturday, June 30, 2012

Disappointing Voter Turnout

The Democratic primary for Congressman of 19th District was decided on June 26th.  Julian Schreibman won over Joel Tyner and I wish to congratulate them both for running such outstanding campaigns.  However, the most disappointing aspect of the election was the voter turnout.  Approximately 10% of the 130,000 registered Democrats in the district showed up at the polls.  Change can only happen in a democracy if citizens participate. Each person's voice must be heard through their vote.

Beginning July 10th I will begin petitioning to add my name to the 19th Congressional District ballot as an independent.  I will be campaigning on the principle that government MUST have a conscience and that political parties DO NOT represent the people.

I ask all registered voters who live in the district and have not signed any other petition for congress to please sign mine.

I will be in Woodstock the weekend of July 14th and 15th to discuss my views and platform for the coming general election.

I look forward to meeting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment