Sunday, September 28, 2014

Before I continue

  As I wrote in earlier post, no excuses just the facts..I have got to get something out of the way. I first met  Chris Gibson and his wife Mary Jo at a social event in Woodstock in the late spring or early summer of 2012.I think he might remember.  Anyway, I saw him walk into the event and thought to myself..better go meet him.So, I walked up to him and introduced myself as an independent who was running in the same district, the newly formed 19th Congressional District of New York. We had a good conversation. We talked politics, of course, and I asked him how he thought he would fair with Mr. Romney  as the Republican choice for the presidency.."that depends" he replied..Well, we chatted abit more..Since I am a very upfront person, I felt the need to tell him something very personal..I had  had  a domestic issue twenty years ago. I was married to a top fashion model ..I told him the facts. Domestic violence is more than a political issue for me; it  was very personal. I made a mistake ;I was held accountable. I paid for my actions and have regretted what happened every day since then. I asked him right away if he was going to hold it against me. As I recall, he gave me kind of a neutral answer..."I am not going to bring it up".  I do not remember if I had told him that I did a local television program on domestic violence..I am against domestic violence..when  this incident occurred..my intention  was to get my wife to go to mediation  not to be in a bad situation. I think that if there  are signs of domestic abuse; anything from continual abusive language to anything physical  that counseling and mediation should be engaged at once. There is much more to domestic violence than one person,male or female, hurting the other. It hurts entire families. So, if I am ever asked about the subject of domestic violence, I will NOT avoid responding on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment