Sunday, June 5, 2016

will my third attempt be a charm?

on the second of june 2016 I formally announced in the Woodstock Times that I would run for congress for the third time..it is not an easy task..the hardest part is making the ballot. In 2012 I managed to get 2887 signatures out of the 3500 needed to make the ballot for an independent; In 2014, I tried again ; I fell short 2156 signatures out of the required 3500. In both of those election cycles, I ran as a write-in. It is the 2016 election cycle..I am determined to make the ballot.  The 19th congressional district of new york which I am running for has been held by chris gibson since 2012; he is not seeking a third term. I am the only candidate to have tried to repeatedly win the district.  To refresh your memory , I am running on three principles: 1 government must have a conscience,2 the two party system (democrats and republicans) do NOT represent the people and 3 money should not buy representation. You can review my platform by simply going back through my blog which represents  my thoughts on various issues to see where I stand.  I will be updating you throughout . My petition period begins on june 21 and runs through july; my petition is due in Albany by early August.In order to sign my petition, you must be a registered voter living within the district and you must not have signed anyone elses petition; you can be a democrat . an independent .a republican ,a green that is the only benefit I have.  The 19th Congressional District of New York consists of the counties of Ulster ,Greene, part of Dutchess  down to and including Hyde Park, Columbia, Deleware,Sullivan, Schoharie,Otsego,and part of Broome, Rensselaer,and part of Montgomery. I look forward to representing YOU!

1 comment: