Sunday, September 18, 2016

Once again a Write-in

I tried to make the ballot but was unable to come up the three thousand five signatures that an independent is required to make the ballot..however I did manage to gather more signatures than the democrats or republicans are required to make the ballot which is only 1250.  The rules favor democrats and republicans they petition before an independent and most importantly they are required to get about one-third as many signatures..I managed one newspaper article and no radio interviews to date..I am not giving up. Independents represent 55% of the electorate yet they are citizens without a voice.  For the last three election cycles I have focused upon  being an independent voice not aligned with any political party..I have not done well..but that is to be expected..lack of media attention et cetera..In the last election cycle in case you do not remember, democrats chose sean eldridge, a very wealthy entrepreneur,to represent them on the ballot..he had not resided in this district very long..democrats chose to ignore the fact that he was a carpetbagger..but he did have lots of cash..millions in fact . He tried to buy the election..Chris Gibson beat him badly. This election cycle the democrats have chosen zephyr teachout. I met ms. teachout during the democratic primary  at a local debate I went over to her  after and introduced myself as an independent running against her..she asked me why..we were interrupted and I never got the chance for my reply..Here it is..I do not believe that democrats and republicans represent the people..I do not believe that the electorate should vote for a representative that is required most of their time in washington to raise money for their respective parties and hardly legislate for the people who put them there..and thereby yielding to the overwhelming influence of lobbyists..I do not believe that it is fair that a candidate sneak into a district at the eleventh hour and run for a congressional seat.  I ran into an old opponent in woodstock one day recently and asked him why he was not running for congress again..he replied that teachout seemed to be a juggernaut coming from a her strong showing against cuomo in 2014..that s too bad I thought..My belief is that the candidates message is important..winning is one thing..Letting your vote make difference toYOU is another. Change is important..but it has to come from you! It is my hope that this November 8th 2016 that everyone who really wants change uses their vote to write in Thom Jenkins at the bottom slot on the ballot under House of Representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment