Monday, March 12, 2012

Why Am I Qualified to Represent YOU?

I'm like you. Not a lawyer, politician or captain of industry.  Just a man who is passionate about the issues effecting our lives. The economy in flux. The lack of jobs. The lack of manufacturing in the U.S. The country's lack of self-reliance. The inequality in trade balance. The environment. The health care situation. The lack of proper education. The limiting of campaign financing. The inequality of rich vs. poor. The disenfranchisement of the voter. The needless wars we are involved in. The lack of proper care for veterans. The reliance on oil rather than renewable energy development.

I'm like you. I live in a small home in the Catskill Mountains. I heat my home by burning wood from my property. I have faced a catastrophic illness without proper health insurance. I work with my hands, mind and heart. I do not have a political machine behind me. I do not have personal wealth, but look to my neighbors to support my campaign.

I'm like you.  I am sick of those in congress who profess that they want to do what is best for their constituents, but really stand for just ensuring their reelection. I'm looking to be that person to represent me and you in both regional, state and national issues.

4 comments:

  1. What is your position on fracking, both in New York State and the balance of the country?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process called hydraulic fracturing, is more than just a blight on the land it is a danger of an untold magnitude. It involves the use of tens of millions of gallons of water and tons of chemicals, most of which can have unknown long term environmental effects. Fracking uses extremely high water pressure mixed with the chemicals to shatter underground deposits of shale. But that very process can undermine the earth, causing shifts in the bedrock. Plus it can pollute surrounding rivers,lakes and even individual wells.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I am totally against fracking..i was in albany a few weeks ago..i tried to see the governor to no avail; but i was able to talk with people at a antifracking rally, including a democratic candidate joel tyner and several new york state legislators...water pollution is the main concern..if the new york state legislature does not pass legislation to ban fracking..hopefully a moritorium will continue..it is very important for peop;e to understand how dangerous it is..we need renewable energy to support our future..we cannot risk the dangers that fracking poses to the environment and to us.

      Delete