Thursday, October 27, 2016

the time warner debate on October 24th,,

It is absolutely true mass media does not want to hear from independents. Once again I was told by the producers at time warner that I could not participate in the debate at the Woodstock playhouse..I was told that it is the policy of the company  that I did not qualify according to their criteria of not polling at 10%..what is that suppose to mean?  There are tens of thousands of independents in this district and yet they are citizens without a voice..actually about 130,000..that is a huge voting block..Ms. teachout is a democrat not an independent..people are not independent voting democratic or republican..they simply do not have any choice..without being redundant..it is not fair that Independents have a very difficult position..even though I am write in for third consecutive election cycle I should be an given equal voice..Write-in s are candidates..Franklin Roosevelt was even a write in once. Congress must establish a federal law giving all federal candidates an equal opportunity to petition the ballot .  The election law in each state for a federal candidate vary. Be it as it may I  sat quietly  during the debate holding my sign citizens without a voice; I listened attentively   to the questions and the responses of the democratic candidate and the republican candidate.  I felt that the moderators did not ask the right questions focusing on narrow issues rather than focusing on the broader more important questions.  furthermore, to be quite candid..it was a ho hum debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment