Friday, October 24, 2014

Guess who is going to west Africa to help contain Ebola?

I was clueless, but in a 20th October editorial in the New York Times I discovered that Cuba was sending a relatively large team of doctors and nurses to help contain the deadly virus; 460 to be exact. The World Health Organization has been training the response team. I think that's great!We should all read the article. One other thing; even though we have isolated Cuba from the international community for over a half century, American students attend medical school there with the backing of our government.I have a friend who just finished medical there; he thought it an amazing experience. The other thing,which I would think is extremely embarrassing to the Bush Administration of 2005, is that Cuba offered a rapid response team to aide the Victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Considering Bush's response to that national disaster, I consider his refusal more a shame. Ebola is an international security problem and concerns all nations..Hopefully, we will respond internationally as health care providers without borders or political divisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment