Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Debate was not Complete without the Voice for the People

Tonight 's debate did not include everyone. As an Independent I did not participate.  The organizer of the debate called me yesterday.The head of the news department said that I did not meet one of  the criteria because I was not a candidate on the ballot. A Write-In is a candidate.  The  fact is that an Independent has to get almost three times the amount of signatures (3500) than a democrat or republican (1250) just illustrates how unfair the process of getting on the ballot is. An Independent has to petition later than democrats and republicans and basically gets ignored in the media. As an idealist, I thought that there was an outside chance to participate in the debate: there are 126,000  registered  voters in this district  alone who are not affiliated with any party. I think that those voters deserve an alternative . I believe that   the media has an obligation to the public to present varying points of view. ( especially from  an independent who has been trying so hard over the last two election cycles  managing over 5000 signatures; 2887 in 2012/2156 in 2014). An Independent Write-in is a candidate and should be recognized more in the media; actually. I was referred to as the Write-in candidate from 2012 is back on an National Public Radio program in July.  This November 4th WRITE-IN THOM JENKINS FOR CONGRESS an Independent who will represent You, not party politics!  Let your vote make a difference; don't let money buy representation!

No comments:

Post a Comment