Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Where do you stand ,Mr. Jenkins?

I left my blog on line from my 2012 campaign, and I have  NOT varied much at all. To refresh...I believe that the most precious commodity we have is our ENVIRONMENT. WE must protect  it at all costs ..we should be conscious of it all the time. I am a believer in climate change; there are ways that we as citizens can help reduce  the effects of methane by simply composting our food waste. I am against FRACKING; it is an uncertain practice that can ultimately contaminate our water supply.  Some measures have been put in place  for municipalities not to allow fracking. ..a step in the right direction. I will always vote against fracking.  I do not make a profit from it nor  would I ever accept money from fracking entities. Since I basicly eat organic the best I can, I am in favor of labeling G.M.O food sources; I strongly support local farmers. I am in favor of  returning the 8.1 billion dollars in food stamp cuts.  If you ever had the need for food stamps, you would understand just how important they are in your monthly budget. There was a point in my life,after a serious illness that I needed food stamps. The fact is that food stamps do not totally supplement the food needs of a family; it does what it says ,supplements.  Families need more  and so does an individual; they spend more normally.So by cutting food stamps, the government cuts their spending power, especially if they are unfortunately making a minimum wage.  Which brings me to my next stand.  I firmly believe that the concept of a minimum wage is  a poor one; it should be a living wage. Do you remember the concept of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Well, it is very difficult for a person not making good money  to appreciate it. I  am not an envious person, and I do respect a person who has done well;  I do not know too many millionaires who are complaining.  I am in favor of extending unemployment benefits for those who cannot find a job.  While our economy seems to be doing well, most of us are not feeling the benefits, jobs are actually scarce.  We need good paying jobs: we need to stimulate our economy, meaning yours and mine..The well off will always be well off. We are the ones who need a better revenue. The real problem  is the type of job.  So what kinds of jobs are here in our district now? How are you doing financially? What kind of jobs in the past made our district more viable? Now let s think about that on  a  national level..Education,.vocational training , technology, alternative energy,manufacturing..and much more. There is never a simple solution; I will work hard for you in solving this serious problem.  We have allowed large corporations  to take jobs away from our nation, and to add insult to injury these corporations get away with not paying billions of dollars in taxes..who picks that up you.  End corporate loopholes.  And with that  we must add ending corporate contributions to political campaigns. If you want . change, you have to change the end game..change the landscape..put an Independent in Congress who is totally outside the bubble. One of our greatest barriers to change is INEQUALITY..That is a very big word ; one that has significant impact everywhere.In today s world, it can be anything from your right to vote, your right to ask for a better living wage.your right as a woman to DEMAND equal pay for equal work; I actually think that women are great problem solvers, I have worked with women who have come up with solutions to problems that a man would never think of! I am PRO-CHOICE; I believe that a woman s right to choose is her ultimate right to PRIVACY. It is unfortunate that while ROE v. WADE  protected this right ,it was not made constitutional. I strongly believe in funding PLANNED PARENTHOOD.  I  am a believer in universal health care. I believe in elevating American education.  With regards to foreign policy, I believe that we need to reaccess our foreign policy.  We must do what we say we will; however, I believe we must rethink  what that actually means if we are to remain  ONE OF THE MORAL LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD..

No comments:

Post a Comment